Wednesday, January 14, 2009
God is SO GOOD!!!!
In Singapore, buildings and blocks are numbered. For example, I live in Holland Village, block 9. My building has a big yellow sign with a black 9 on it. The homegroup Bible study I wanted to go to tonight was in Holland Village block 4. Shouldn't be that hard, right? Well, I looked at the map, saw which general direction block 4 was in, and headed out. It's towards the shopping center, so I walked that way. Pretty soon I saw block 2. Of course, it would be too simple for the blocks to go in a logical order, so I kept walking, and saw block 1. This was not looking good. I turned the corner, and saw the parking garage for block 5. Hum, 5 is good, that's close to 4, so I turned and walked that way. Soon I passed block 3, and then suddenly, I was at block 5. What happened to 4? I know that the blocks aren't in perfect order, so I decided to keep going, maybe block 4 was behind block 3, or something...but no. Next came block 32, then block 30. I was just about to give up, when I turned another corner and saw the yellow sign, block 4. I started walking towards it, proud that I had found my way, when I suddenly realized that I was right back where I started. Block 4 (which is really a building) is right across the street from block 9 (also a building, just happens to be the one I live in!) At least I got my exercise!
It was worth it though. I absolutely loved Bible study tonight. It is so amazing to sit in a room of people that less than a week ago were strangers, and talk about God together. I felt so welcomed and loved. It was great! I also love that there are people from all over the world. The lady I sat next to tonight was from Japan, another lady from the Philippines. There was a real sense of community, and it wasn't just surface stuff that was discussed. People who had never met were sharing heart felt concerns, burdens, and joys, knowing that their brothers and sisters in Christ would lift them up in prayer, support, and encourage them! That is what the body of Christ looks like!
We were discussing the Holy Spirit, and His work in our lives, mainly the need to focus on God rather than ourselves. That is so easy to say, and yet so hard to do. Please pray that I won't get caught up in all of the stuff and new experiences and loose my focus on God. I want Him to be number one in everything I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praying for you. So glad you didn't get lost. ;o)
Post a Comment