Sunday, January 18, 2009

2 Weeks Down

I can't believe I've already been here close to two weeks! The time has flown by. Today we went to church at Redemption Hill again. I really enjoy the church and the people. I love the multiculturalism of the church, and the friendliness of the people. It's also so nice to go someplace in the city where people know your name, and who you are. (Besides work.) After church we went out to lunch at a Lebanese restaurant. We ran into some other people from school, so we had lunch with them. It was wonderful. After lunch, Gretchen, Karen, and I went down by the river. It was wonderful. It reminded me of a carnival, not so much in what was there, but just the laid back atmosphere, music, and good food. We did some window shopping, and enjoyed the cool breeze. We also went to a pewter gallery where we learned how they make pewter things, and got to hammer a little ourselves. Gretchen and I are going to go some Saturday and make a bowl. I'm also thinking of taking my kids for a field trip. We went to TCC and had some desert, and then headed back to the house. Karen is leaving tonight, so that's pretty sad, but we had a good last day. Yesterday we went on a "monkey walk" for another teacher's birthday. I wasn't really prepared for the "walk" part...in my mind, "Do you want to go for a walk?" means a stroll around the neighborhood, not a hike through the jungle. (Okay, not really the jungle.) But, it was fun. And, we actually did see monkeys on the trail. They were very close to us, and in the wild...no fences. After the monkey walk we went to China Town for fried dumplings. They were very good. We did some shopping, and then headed home. By the time I got home, I was a little sunburned and VERY tired. Went to bed early last night. I'm very excited for this week. I am getting to know my students a little better, and can't wait to share God's love with them again. (I tried to upload pictures, but they are not working...sorry...I'll try again tomorrow.)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing your comments on your weekend in Singapore - wow what wonderful adventures!

Hope you have a great week in school!