Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Singapore

Today is National Day in Singapore. I started my day with a swim, and then headed to school to practice the piano before church. (Are you noticing a theme in my life right now?) While I was practicing, on of the janitorial staff came and asked me how much longer I planned on being there. He said he was going to paint to stairs, so I decided that was my cue to leave. I took a bus and met some friends for church. I was a little early, so I checked out the shops under the MRT. They are new shops since I left for the summer, mostly food. I had a peanut butter sandwich before I left, but that had been an hour or two, so I decided to have a snack. I had a curry puff and bubble tea. Not sure how healthy of a breakfast that was, but it sure tasted good! After church I had lunch with some friends and then headed downtown. There was a flea market at the National Art Museum, and Hannah's roommate had a booth there. When we got there, we realized that for today admission was free, so we decided to look around. Overall, I came to the conclusion that I do not appreciate modern art. To me, it looked like a bunch of scribbling. I did enjoy the photography galaries though. It ispired me to make a photojournal of Singapore. Okay, don't know if that will really happen, but I would like to explore more of the island this year, and a photojournal seems as good of a way as any to do that. We'll see what happens. After the museum, I went to the grocery store and bought supplies to make chocolate fridge cake for a picnic tomorrow. Should be fun!

2 comments:

P_31Girl said...

You should take more pictures! and what in the world is a frige cake?

Miss Chaplin said...

I know, I've been bad about pictures so far, just focusing on getting things ready for school...hopefully pictures will be coming soon. Fridge cake is kinda like chewy fudge...very good. Maybe I'll make some when I come home this time!