Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday Heatlag

What a day! I think I am struggling from heatlag instead of jetlag. I did okay with the time changes and sleeping through the night, but the heat is just simply wearing me out! I slept in today, which was very nice, since I didn't have anywhere I had to be. Once I finally got up, I decided that with my brother's wedding less than two weeks away, I should probably spend some more time practicing the piano, so I headed to school. I practiced for about an hour, and decided my back and fingers needed a break, so I headed to my classroom. I wish I could tell you that the next few hours I spent at school were very productive, but that would be a lie. I'm feeling lost this year, and so I sat in my room, looking at my teacher's editions, just wondering what it is that 3rd graders learn! I started planning lessons, but that frustrated me, so I finally gave up and went back to the piano (about 4 hours later!) I practice for another hour and then decided I was through at the school. I was meeting a friend for supper at 7 and I figured the bus ride would take about an hour, so I decided to just leave a little early (it was 5:00 by this time). Since we were meeting at the national library, I figured I could look at books while I waited. My estimate was fairly accurate, and by the time I walked to and from the bus stops, I arrived at the library at about 6:15. I checked out a few books and than sat and read while I waited. Pat and I decided to have Turkish food for supper, so we headed in the general direction of Arab street. The only problem was, neither of us really knew how to get there! We wondered in what we thought was the right direction, until we finally decided to just stop and ask. We had a nice dinner, and then walked around for awhile before calling it a night and heading home. I met Pat when I went to the orphanage in Malaysia last year, and haven't seen her since, so it was nice to catch up.

1 comment:

Connie said...

I mentioned this at Sunday School (yes, Pastor started a study of Proverbs the first Sunday in August). We prayed for you and I said you would appreciate prayer on a daily basis. I hope all is well. David's dad is in the hospital.