Monday, August 17, 2009

1st Day of School

I survived! I think I was more nervous to start this school year than any other school year so far (even my first on.) It might be a combination of being so busy and preoccupied the last couple of weeks, feeling VERY underprepared, or any other list of reasons I haven't come up with yet....But whatever it is, I didn't feel ready for today. I didn't sleep very well last night, and got up at 5:30 to start the day. I had promised Gretchen I wouldn't give in and go to work on Sunday, and I kept my word, but that meant I still had a list of about 12 things to get done before school started today. I was at the bus stop shortly after 6, on the first bus that came by, and at school around 6:30....which gave me exacly 1 hour to get EVERYTHING done! Oh ya, and I forgot to mention that while I was getting ready this morning, all of the sudden I had a terrible sudden pain in my lower back. It hurt so bad that I thought I was going to pass out, but I didn't. So, on top of all the things I had to do, I was in pain...I managed to get MOST of my list done by 7:30, go to staff devotions and meet my kids. All 19 of them were there (always a good thing on the first day of school). The day was pretty good, only had a few meltdowns and moments of crisis. Hopefully tomorow will be better. I'm still a little behind on getting things done for next week, I barely got tomorrow's lesson plans written. But, there is always tomorrow (until it comes). My plan leaves at 7:00 Wednesday morning, so I have to leave my house at 4:30 to get there two hours in advance. So, as long as everything (for real this time) is done by 4:30 Wednesday morning, I should be in good shape.

No comments: