Thursday, May 28, 2009

Busy Week

This has been an incredibly busy week. Besides being the last full week of school, I've been sick, and found out that I am for sure moving classrooms. That means I need to sort through EVERYTHING in my classroom, and decide what belongs to second grade, and what belonged to the old second grade teacher, which now makes it mine. Besides sorting, I need to put these items in boxes and label them either for storage (2nd grade) or to be moved to my new third grade classroom. Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh! There is a TON of stuff in my room. I have a start, not even sure I'd call it good, but at least I have a start. Tomorrow I should be able to get more done. My kids will be out of my room more than they'll be in. I also started packing up my stuff at home today (which is cutting it a little close since I move in less than 48 hours.) My problem at home is the same as my problem at school, too much stuff and not enough boxes! I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get it all there. Right now my plan is to pack everything in as little as possible. Then I'll carry it all downstairs and call a taxi. I should be able to fill the trunk and back seat, so everything should fit. Then I'll unload at the new place. If I can't get it all, I'll leave the smaller stuff and make a few bus/MRT trips...that should work, but we'll see how it is in reality. I've also been sick again. I had another sinus infection which my doctor thinks is caused by allergies. He must be right, because the medicine he gave me is helping, and I'm starting to feel better, which is good, because I have way too much to do to be sick any longer. In less than two weeks I'll be back home in Iowa, hopefully cooling off a little (I can dream can't I?) and spending time with people I love. Can't wait to see you all soon! PS Sorry if this post is a little jumbly and not coherent...that's the way my brain has (or hasn't) been working lately. :)

1 comment:

Connie said...

Boy, can I identify with your packing so much stuff in your classroom! I remember when I left school for good I had to decide what to do with all the "stuff" I had collected in about the 12 years I had been in that room. I don't know how many garbage bags I filled and then had to carry what I was keeping to my vehicle. Good luck! Hopefully you'll be in Pickstown a bit when you are home for the summer!