Sunday, May 3, 2009

Swine Flu

I probably shouldn't laugh but...before we could go to church today, we had to have our temparatures taken, and sign a release saying we hadn't been sufferning from any symptoms of the swine flu. Then we had to provide all of our contact information, and THEN we could enter church. It wasn't the church's plan, but we meet in a government owned building, so we had to follow their procedures. Needless to say, church started a little later than usual. After church my friend Tina and I decided to go to the library. When we got there, there was a line outside. Again, procautions against the swine flu. This time we had to provide ID (in my case my green card) and have it entered into a data system. No thermometers this time though. Luckily, I had remembered to put my green card back in my wallet, so I made it through with no problems. Tina, on the other hand, forgot hers. She had to fill out a card with her info before she was allowed in the library. After the library I took the MRT across town to Borders, but there were no such procedures in place on the MRT ...YET. I'm hoping it doens't get that far, because I can't imagine how long it would take to take the temp. and information of everyone travelling on pubilc transportation since that is a majority of Singapore's population! "Am I cool or what?"
Washing out the paintbrushes with no running water...not an easy task.

1 comment:

Connie said...

and I thought they were getting carried away here in the States!