Monday, May 18, 2009

Answered Prayers

Thanks for everyone who has been praying. We really do serve a good God. This weekend I was praying that God would give me a plane ticket home for Brian's wedding for $1000 US. This seemed like a pretty big feat, since my ticket over here was close to $2500, and the cheapest I'd found for those dates was around $1300. Anyway, last night I was looking it up, and found a ticket for $1032 US. I was so excited! I tried to book, but it wouldn't go through. Needless to say, I was a little frustrated. I found out that at least part of the problem is that I have a US credit card with a Singapore billing address. They don't go well together. So, this afternoon I called the United office in Singapore, and after talking to a VERY NICE lady (not always the case) I have a ticket for about $1020 US. She even helped me fix some problems that would have resulted in lost luggage without raising the cost! I also got a SMS (text to all of you back home) saying that Sarah, the other teacher I'm planning on living with next year, thinks she found a place today for $2000 a month! She said it is the nicest condo she's looked at so far, and it's only two stops away from the school! Wow! I can't wait to go and see it tomorrow afternoon. Please continue to pray that God will help us get all the details worked out before summer break. There is a lot to do, and not much time! PS: Sorry I haven't posted any pictures lately, I keep trying, and it keeps coming up error....I think that is my computer word of the week!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Don't you just "love" that word when it comes to the computer? Ha! I'm so glad God worked all of this out for you. I'll continue to pray and look forward to hearing how He smooths out all the rough edges.