Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Teacher's Can Be Annoying Too!
Have you ever had one of those weeks where things just bug you? Things that don't normally matter, but for some reason, at certain times they just drive you crazy? This week has been like that for me. There hasn't really been anything bad, I've just been shorter than usual, and things that normally don't bother me at all have been annoying me all week. My kids have seemed a little extra noisy (although I really think my tolerance was just not as high) and I have been a little extra crabby. So, I decided today that I wasn't going to let them get to me, that I was going to have a good day no matter what. We started off the day with prayer, and then stopped throughout the day to thank God for the good things that happened. This definitely helped me keep things in perspective....the world is not going to end because a couple of kids are whispering in the back row. The world is not going to end because I just repeated the directions for the 1,000 time (okay, a little exaggeration.) Anyway, this afternoon during math, the kids were working very quietly, and doing a great job. All of the sudden, I just started singing the singing grace "Thank you God, for giving us food." My students looked at me kinda funny and kept on working, the first time through. I sang it again, and my students said "Miss Chaplin, you are being kinda noisy, we're trying to work." I replied "Good, you've been noisy all week, now it's your turn to be quiet and my turn to be noisy." One of my boys responded "Ya, but Miss Chaplin, it's kind of annoying!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL!!! Kids are so funny!!
How does that go, "out of the mouths of babes?"
Post a Comment