Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Yesterday I made a second grocery store run. I got the same response when I asked for minced ham, and again, no frozen shredded hashbrowns, but this time I was prepared. I got a 450 gram package of ham, and a 5lb bag of potatoes (straight for the US), along with the rest of my needed supplies. The bill came to just over $50, but I was also prepared for this. I went home and used my pampered chef chopper to mince the ham myself. It took forever, but it turned out pretty good. Next, I cooked the potatoes in our NEW MICROWAVE (yeah) and then shredded them. My friend Hannah came over to make a no bake cake, (she's a university student and has even less of a kitchen than I do) and we had a lot of fun cooking and improvising. (We didn't have all of the things she needed either.) When it was all said and done, we had had a lot of fun, and think we have food that is going to turn out well. Right now it's at Keri and Alex's waiting to be cooked. I can't wait for supper tonight! Another highlight from yesterday is that along with the new microwave, we got a new couch. (Neither one is really new, but they are defiantly new to us.) It's a real couch with cushions and everything! I'm so excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment