Thursday, April 9, 2009

The end of the week :)

Thank goodness this week is over! We had standardized tests all week, which meant long testing periods, and not a lot of routine. Throw in an Easter party today, and the kids were off the wall! At one point during the test, one student raised his hand. When I called on him he said "This afternoon, during our Easter party . . ." Can you imagine how well they did on their tests today? Last night we had our potluck at church. It was wonderful! My friends from South Africa actually ate my food, and said it was good! (This is a huge improvement over the last times we've done a potluck.) So, it must have turned out okay. I could taste a difference, but it was still good, and I'm thankful for it. Plus, now I know that I can improvise and have comfort foods from home! :) I'm looking forward to having a couple of days off, although they are going to be very busy days. Tomorrow I'm planning to go to the Singaporean church for the morning Good Friday service, and the one at Redemption Hill in the evening. Then Saturday I get to go back to Berkat Children's Home. Leo is going to set up (or reset up) their computer lab. Not sure if I'm helping him (not that I'd be much help) or just hanging out with the kids.

No comments: