Sunday, April 5, 2009
Good intentions
I had very good intentions yesterday, I was going to spend the afternoon at the park, near the water, working on my homework for leadership class. So, after lunch I poured over my maps and figured out what I thought would be a "quick" way to the park. As I was walking out the door, it started raining again. But, I figured, this is Singapore, I waited to leave until it wasn't raining, I'd never leave, surely it would stop by the time I reached the park 36 minutes later. Well, the first wish came true, it did stop raining by the time I got to the park, but it took quite a bit longer than the estimated 36 minutes. The problem was, when I got there, everything was too wet. I couldn't find anyplace to sit down and work. So, I had my second brilliant idea of the day, I could go to the library and work on it. So, I hopped on another bus and headed to the library. I have never seen a library so busy! All of the tables and chairs were full (especially the comfy read a book chairs) as well as the benches and floor space. I couldn't even find a quiet unoccupied place near the wall to sit. So, I decided I needed yet another plan. The library is within walking distance of the mall, where I needed to buy some cake pans, so I decided to try that plan instead. The mall was a little more successful, although equally as crowded. I finally got my cake pans and gave up and went home. When I got there, I realized that not only did I not get my Leadership class homework done, I also completely forgot to study my Hebrew this week. So much for good intentions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment