Friday, April 24, 2009
Mission Accomplished
Sometimes life in Singapore just makes me sigh. After killing time until 6:30 before heading to the clinic, I was informed that the "normal" doctor wasn't there, and that's who I needed to see, so I would have to come back. Arrrrgggghhhh!!!! I wanted to scream, but instead I smiled and headed home. I decided at least I was going to get a good supper out of the deal, so I went home and made fajitas and fresh orange juice. It was yummy. Then, I suddenly had more energy than I've had in a month, so I decided to go ahead and de-fuzz my room. I swept 4 times, and think I finally got MOST of the purple fuzz cleaned up. I threw the blanket away, changed the sheets, moved the furniture, and was finally ready to head to bed. It was so nice to walk across the floor and not end up with purple fuzzy feet. This morning I got up and headed back to the clinic. The doctor was happy that I'd brought my medical records, and easily refilled my prescriptions. Then, he checked me out and said I had an infection from allergies..he "gave" me medicine to help me get better. He even asked if I wanted a note to have a couple days rest from work! It was a nice thought, but I declined, especially since it's the weekend. :) One nice thing is that most medications are available at the clinic, so I didn't have to go anywhere else to pick them up. At least one thing can be easy in Singapore! Now I'm at the library downloading an audio book and working on my lesson for kids' church. It's almost done, and I'm feeling good that so far I've had a productive weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So what book are you going to "read" now? I have lots of suggestions.lol
Post a Comment