Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Spring Break Day 4
Today was a great day in Thailand. We started off with a swim in the pool, and then had a big breakfast at the hotel. After breakfast we repacked our bags and met up with Tommy, our tour guide for the day.
One of our first stops was a viewing location where we could see the beach. Our hotel is behind the last hill in the picture.
It was so beautiful! After the look-out point, we went to a Buddhist temple. It made me so sad! There were people who were touring, like us, but there were other people there who were bowing down in front of the statue of Buddha. I just wanted to cry, seeing all of these people who are searching, but so lost. After the temple, we went to a cashew factory, where they were shelling the cashews. While we were there, we tasted fresh cashews and cashews that had been flavored. Next, we went to a local shopping mall, and grabbed a quick lunch at KFC.
After lunch, we headed back to the hotel, where my travel companions took a nap, but I was too wound up. I decided that my way to unwind would be a massage. They offered massages at our hotel, and I decided it was a great idea. I had a wonderful 1 hour massage, and then read a book by the pool while I waited for them to finish napping. After napping we went to a local market where I did a little shopping, and got a chance to barter. I love bartering! After the shopping we grabbed a Thai supper and tried to get a taxi back to our hotel. That was a little bit of a problem. At first, they wanted way too much money for a ride home. It was 300 Baht to get there, so it should be about 300 Baht to get back. We finally found a taxi driver who would take us back, but he got lost! We finally found our way back, and got packed for our day trip tomorrow. Tomorrow we are going to Phi Phi Island, which I've heard is one of the top 100 places you should go before you die! Yeah! Can't wait to add another update!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment