Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break Day 2

I'm sitting at the library, enjoying the sound of running water, and hoping that my book downloads actually work this time! Today has been a pretty good day. I helped out with kids' ministry at church today, it was a little crazy, but it's always hard for me to watch and not be in charge. :) After church we had a dinner, where I once again struggled to remember the names and stories of people I've met. I HATE that! I wish God would somehow fix my poor memory for names and faces, and help me remember. It's very humbling to introduce yourself to someone and have them respond "I know, we already met....how was school this week?" Yikes! I had two people write down their names for me today, so that maybe I can study them and remember by next week. (As wrong as I call the right people the right names I've studied.) In my defense (which is very weak, I understand that) it is hard to remember names you cannot pronounce....30 seconds later I already can't remember how to say them, so 3 weeks later I'm hopeless! Today it was Wai Cheng and Kah Heng. Wai Cheng told me I could remember Kah Heng like "car hen" we'll see if that helps! Tomorrow is the big day...I'm leaving for Thailand in the afternoon, and I can't wait! I spent some time this afternoon looking at things to do, and I think the hardest part will be narrowing it down...there is so much to do and see and so little time! I'm travelling with two other teachers, one whose been there before, and one who hasn't. We are staying at a resort withing walking distance of the beach, a view of either the mountains or the sea (depending which side you're on) and planning to go on an elephant trek/white water rafting trip. Mostly though, I need to remember to take time to REST! My body is tired and enjoying a few lazy days already.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Gosh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't remember people's names! I feel so bad when I meet someone I know I've taught, but, for the life of me, I can't think of their name.