Thursday, November 19, 2009
Bible Class
This morning for Bible class I intended to show a video of the parable of prodigal son. We have been studying Luke 15 all week, and I thought that would be fun way to start. Some of my students have siblings that are on a service project out of the country today, so we decided to start by praying for them, for our day, and the Thanksgiving program this afternoon. I told my kids I would pray first, and then if anyone wanted to pray they could. 25 minutes later I said Amen. It was amazing to hear my students lift up their concerns and praises to our Heavenly Father. I have one student who at the beginning of the year made comments such as "I hate the Bible" or "I don't want God to love me." While we were praying today, his voice joined the group and he prayed "God, there are no gods beside you!" We didn't have time to watch the movie, instead, we finished Bible by singing Amazing Grace My Chains are Gone. It gave me goose bumps to hear my students raising their voices to God, thanking him for rescuing them from the chains of their sin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment