Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Air Con Repair
My air con has been leaking for awhile now. I've been turning it on for about an hour before I go to bed to cool things down, and then turning it back off. So, yesterday I finally remembered to call to have someone come look at it. (Mostly because my roommates air con also started leaking, and air con maintenance is my one household duty.) They said the could come today sometime between 4:30 and 6:00. So, after tutoring, I rushed home to wait for the air con guys. They came around 5, but neither of them spoke much English. I showed them where the air cons were, and the started knocking on the bedroom doors. I told them it was okay, no one else was home, but they still knocked! After a little while, one of them came out with my water bottle I keep by my bed and held it up to me. I had no idea what he was asking. He said something that I couldn't understand, and looked at me as if I was supposed to give him something. I pointed at the sink, thinking he wanted to refill a water bottle, or maybe that he needed water for something, but he just turned around and went back into my bedroom. I followed him, and the other guy who spoke a little more English gestured and asked if they could use it (I think.) I said sure, and went back to the couch to read. The first guy went to the kitchen and filled it up, so who knows what they actually used it for! When they left, they gave me a receite and then a card for a housekeeper that is all in Chinese. I think it is for a live in maid, because the price is in 100s, but I'm not really sure. I don't know if he thought we were too messy, or is just advertising for a friend. I hope its the latter, especially since our house was just cleaned on Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment