Each week my kids need to learn a memory verse. The first three weeks we've had memory verses that go to songs. They love learning God's word through song, and sometimes while they are working, I'll catch them singing the verse. What a blessing to fill our head's with God's word!
Things are settling into a routine here. Each day I feel more and more at home in the new home God has given me. I was very excited yesterday that the security guard I met after prayer meeting on Wednesday did indeed come to church. I was hoping he would, but I wasn't so sure. It was such a blessing that he decided to join. There is also a church that meets downstairs, and he said that he had tried it before, but that it wasn't what he needed. He again said that when he walked by on Wednesday night he said to himself "I want to be with those people."
As I've reflected on his words, I wonder, am I person that people say "I want to be with that person?" Is God's love and radiance shining through me on a daily basis, drawing others towards Him? I want to be that person, the one who is so in love with Jesus that others can't help but notice and want to join.
This week is international week at school. My class is studying Brazil, so today one of my friends came and taught my kids the salsa. It was so cute to see my students trying to dance to Latin American music! At first, the girls didn't want to dance with the boys and the boys didn't want to dance with the girls. However, at some point, that switched, and the boys were having a contest of how many girls they could dance with! It was so much fun! We also have two guest teachers from China visiting our school this week. One of them spent the day in our classroom. My students had lots of questiosn, which in the beginning were great but quickly disinigrated to "Do you have ninjas in China?" She gave the students a brief lesson on China before we moved on to finish our day. It is so wonderful to learn about cultures from all over the world, and see teh beauty that God made in each one.
1 comment:
How funny about the boys having a contest to see how many girls they could dance with!!! LOL! Love the video. What a great group of kids!
Thanks for serving the Lord!
Post a Comment