Last night I went out with some of my coworkers to celebrate my birthday. What started as a small gathering ended up with about 18 people having dinner at a Mediterranean restaurant. The food was excellent, but even better was looking around and realizing how much God has blessed me. 2 months ago I didn't know the names of any of the people who were sitting at the table celebrating with me. Last night I could name them all!
The restaurant had a unique atmosphere. It was very loud. The music was loud, so everyone had talk loud. At one point I noticed people literally yelling across the table in order to be heard. What fun. The best part though was that during the meal, they started playing faster music. Everyone started clapping along, and then they brought out plates to throw on the ground and smash. Not sure what the purpose was, but it was fun! They were actually very nice plates....I said later I should have put mine in my purse to take home rather than smashing it on the floor! At the end of the meal they brought me a desert with a sparkler in it. It was a very fun candle.
After we finished eating and smashing plates we went to Hard Rock Cafe to listen to live music. It was fun for a little while, but then it got loud and late, so I came home. It was a great way to celebrate my birthday (again)!
1 comment:
Mandy,
We are all going to be at Sports Page in Indianola tonight to celebrate Ryan's 29th birthday. You have really given me an idea re: the smashing of the plates - hmmmmmmmmm well, maybe not, there may be law officers present!
Post a Comment