Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sad day :(

Yesterday was a day that brought a mixture of emotions and thoughts. At homegroup, one of my friends, Sandy, shared about how God had used her to start a kindergarten in Outer Mongolia, and how they had been able to share the Gospel with Buddhist children through school. It was amazing to hear how God had provided and the call that He had placed on her life. It was also encouraging to hear how God is still using her here in Singapore. As always, it was encouraging to be with my new church family, talking and praying with fellow believers from so many diverse backgrounds and cultures. However, there was sad news as well. One of my new friends, ShinHye, found out this week that she will be returning to Korea a lot sooner than she thought....next week! How sad! ShinHye is someone that I've grown to love in the short time that I've been here, and I will miss her terribly. She is a friend that I often share a meal with after church, or hang out with on the weekend. Please pray for her, as she doesn't know what she's going to do when she returns to Korea (Her company cut 50% of the jobs this week, including hers, because of the economic crisis.)

No comments: