Friday, August 13, 2010
McFrustration
Last night a group of teachers decided to spend the night at school because our building is locked between 7PM and 7AM and we needed extra working time. Our plan was to work most of the night (which we did) sleep in our classrooms/library (which we did) and order McDonald's for breakfast. A little after 7 I called and ordered 6 set meals, which were supposed to be delivered before 8. (Yes, in Singapore, McDonald's delivers!) At 8:00, when it was time for our first meeting of the day, still no McDonald's. We gave Jess the money and asked her to sit outside and wait for the delivery man, and we all sat in the back of the meeting so Jess could "sneak" us in food when it finally came. At 8:25 we were dismissed to small groups to pray around the school, and still no breakfast. At about a quarter to 9 I finally called, and they told me that our order had been delivered. That's funny, we didn't have any food, and Jess still had all the money. The lady said she would call the manager and call me back. I told her it would have to be quick because I was at work and had another meeting starting at 8:50. After a few minutes she called back to say that the order had been canceled, would we like to resubmit. I checked with the other girls, all of whom agreed we were still quite hungry and would like our food. The lady asked when we would like it delivered, and I said "As soon as possible, we're very hungry." She said how about 9:10, and then she said she had to call her manager. She called back to tell me that they could not have the food delivered until 10:30 was that okay. Of course not! Here is the dialogue of what happened next.
M(Me) We ordered our food two hours ago, we don't want to wait another hour and a half.
FL (Food lady): Okay ma'am, when you want it?
M: 9:10
FL: Cannot. They are very busy. I will deliver food at 10:30?
M: No. If we can't have it by 9:30 we don't want it.
FL: Oh, you want food at 10:00?
M: No.
FL: Oh, you want me deliver 10:30?
M: No, I want it by 9:30 or I don't want it.
FL: Cannot. I tell them bring you food by 10:30.
M: Please just cancel the order.
FL: Okay, you want me bring food at 10:00?
M: No, that's lunch time and we're hungry now.
FL: Okay, I bring it to you at 10:00
M: No, just cancel the order, we don't want it.
FL: Oh, you no want food?
M: Right. Cancel the order.
FL: Okay ma'am.
Three minutes later my phone rings and a man is on it.
FM (Food Man): I talk to Miss Mandy
M: This is Mandy
FM: My manager tell me you want food by 9:00. Cannot. It is 9:00 now.
M: I know, that's why I canceled the order.
FM: You want me bring food 10:30?
M: No! I don't want it anymore.
FM: Cannot bring at 9/9:30. You want me bring 10:00?
M: No! I wanted it two hours ago when I ordered it! I don't want it anymore!
FM: I bring it at 10:30?
M: I canceled the order. I don't want it.
(Awkward silence) FM: Okay ma'am you no want it?
M: That's right cancel the order. Thank you.
Ahhhhh! Luckily Jess was kind enough to run to the grocery store and buy us some orange juice and bread. Not what we had hoped for, but better than nothing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
tooooooooo funny! what, you no want any food??????????????
Post a Comment