Friday, August 20, 2010

1st Week of School

So, I survived the first week of school. This morning I realized that I hadn't had a first day of school for about a year and half. It gave me a good perspective on why I'm so tired! (Last year didn't really count because I had the same kids, so it wasn't really starting over.) It was hard work for them to be serious for a picture, so I promised them a silly one. I think silly comes very naturally! We used the clocks the church got for us today. They were a huge success. I gave them my speech about taking care of them and being responsible, and they got very excited when they found out that no one else had ever used them before. Not quite sure what made that so great, but ya know. Yesterday my students asked me how much older I was than Jessica. I told them to guess. They guessed between 1 and 13 years. (The one who guessed 13 was trying to be smart alec, but it didn't work. ) When I told them that she was 12 years younger one of them said "Miss Chaplin, your sister is 18, so that means YOU'RE 30?!? I didn't think you were THAT old."

No comments: