Friday, October 16, 2009
Interesting Facts about Living in Singapore
Interesting facts about living in Singapore.
1. You can miss two buses in the time it takes you to cross the street. (Even though the buses are supposed to come every 20 minutes!)
2. It can take 4 hours to go to a chiropractic appointment, and never get an adjustment.
3. For the first time in my life, I had to mark “Other” for my ethnic background…Caucasian wasn’t an option.
4. Your religion is part of your medical history.
5. Going to the chiropractor costs more than going to the emergency room.
6. Medical clinics and malls go hand in hand.
7. Leaving home in your workout clothes may not be the best option.
Today was a very enlightening day! I went to the chiropractor, hoping for an adjustment and ended up on a journey. After an initial consultation, the chiropractor decided he needed x-rays, which required a 22 minute taxi ride (costing $11.40) and landed me in the most upscale part of town. Normally, not a problem, but today I had intended on going to the chiropractor and working in my classroom, so I left home in sweat shorts and a t-shirt. After the x-rays, I decided to take a bus home, which took over an hour! The worst part, I didn’t even get an adjustment, have to wait until Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You found out that your plans for the day and God's plans may not be in synch, huh! (I found that out,too, when I was going for a checkup and my flu shot on Friday, but Bubak's office called and told me he said for me not to come because there were so many people with the flu there. I "get" to wait 2 wks and stay home all that time so I'm not exposed. Ugh!
But we learn that God has a plan in all of this, right? (I always say I wish He'd let me know what that is NOW.But as Esther was told, we are put in our situations for "such a time as this."
Post a Comment