Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Week 3
I can't believe it's already the third week of school. Yesterday was a rocky start, but today things went much better. I think I am starting to feel like I have a handle on our routine, and am getting to know my students a little better. They are learning my expectations, and so things are running a little more smoothly. This week we are working on fairy tales from around the world. Today we read a folk tale explaining how a part of Singapore, Red Hill, got it's name. Now each student is reading a fairy or folk tale from a different country and doing a project with it. It's a lot of fun, but a lot of hard work. My kids are enjoying it though, and at the end of the day today they were surprised it was already time to go home!
School has been monopolizing my life right now, but I did manage to stay away on Sunday! I went with Gretchen and Hannah to the Peranakan museum after church, and then Gretchen and I went to the stamp museum. We took lots of fun pictures, which I would love to post, but my computer is not cooperating. The little add a picture button is missing right now, so stay tuned, I'll try to get them posted in the near future.
This week should prove to be another busy one. I have an over abundance of meetings right now during and after school. I'm hoping that after this week things start to settle down a little bit more. Tomorrow I'm going to revamp my reading period, so hopefully that will be good, and then on Saturday I get to go and see the Dead Sea Scrolls. I'm very excited for that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment