Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Why is it that when you need something to work or be on time, that's when it isn't? I decided that I don't really have to leave for work so early, so I reset my alarm this morning and went back to sleep. Normally it takes me about 15-20 minutes to get to work so a little extra sleep should be no problem. The problem was, I'm not sure what happened to all of the buses. I think the bus normally comes every 8 minute or so, but this morning I sat at the bus stop for over 20 minutes waiting for a bus. Then, when a bus finally came, it wasn't a double decker. Since no buses had come for so long, there were a LOT of people trying to get on. Of course it was standing room only (not that unusual) but I couldn't even get in far enough for the doors to close. I finally made it on the bus, the driver closed the doors and we went to the next stop, where 10 more people were waiting to get on the bus. The driver opened the door, and they started piling on, but the people in front of me were not moving. Finally they crowded together, the doors closed and we continued on our way. Gradually people began getting off at the next few stops, and I actually had a seat by the time I got off the bus. In all, it took 40 minutes to get to work today! It's a good thing I still left plenty early! Today is the last day we have kids this week, tomorrow is teacher-in-service. Then tomorrow night my co-workers and I are going out for supper for my belated birthday. (They asked me last week, but I already had plans.) Saturday I'm meeting with ShinHye for a final goodbye, as she is now leaving on Saturday instead of Monday. Then, depending on what time we finish lunch, I'm planning to go back to the Salvation Army church on Saturday to their worship team practice. It should be a busy, but exciting weekend. I'm just hoping I can find time for some rest! :)

1 comment:

Connie said...

I suppose Murphy's law could apply to your bus scenario, huh?