Saturday, February 21, 2009

Flat Zack (AKA Napjjak)

Today was a great day! ShinHye and I took "Flat Zach" (Frosty's student's Flat Stanley project) around Singapore. We started by having lunch on Arab street. The food was great, and it was nice to spend a day with ShinHye. After lunch we took Flat Zack around the Bugis area. (An area with markets, and a lot of fun places to take pictures.) People looked at us kinda funny, but it was fun to see what we could find. At one point we even took Flat Zach to the hospital, because his head was getting ripped. They weren't much help though, so we went to the store and bought tape instead. The tape came in handy the rest of the day, because we were able to better pose Zach by taping him to things.....Like the handholds in the train!
The people on the train were quite entertained as we taped Zach to the handholds and took pictures. We made a lot of people smile today! We took the train to the east coast where there is an amusement park. It is a VERY SMALL amusement park, which might explain why it was so cheap. Anyway, we spend the afternoon mostly waiting in lines, but riding a few rides as well. We took pictures of Zach in line for each ride, as well as in front of some of the games. We were having so much fun posing him, that we posed ourselves a few times as well.
Originally we had planned to end up at Sentosa, an island with beaches, a cafe, and an evening show, but we were too tired after our trip to Escape. So, we decided to grab some supper and call it a day. ShinHye wanted to go to a Vietnamese place she likes, so that's where we went. The food was good, but it was VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY spicy! When my Asian friend has tears in her eyes because of the spiciness of the food, you know it's spicy.
Overall, it was a very good, and productive day. I was thankful that I got to spend a day with ShinHye before she leaves, and it was a lot of fun taking pictures of Flat Zach. Oh yeah, one of the things we talked about today was names. ShinHye was telling me that her name means "Believer of Grace" How cool is that? I told her I wanted a Korean name, so she gave me one....Hayeon. It means "fountain of God" I think. So, we also decided to give Flat Zach a Korean name. ShinHye had trouble coming up with one, until I asked her what the word for "flat" is in Korean. The word is Napjjak, so we renamed Flat Zach, Napjjak, and he got his first tattoo when we wrote it down so I wouldn't forget.

2 comments:

Nita said...

I can so totally see you running around posing Napjjak! You are one silly girl. Sounds like a fun day & a great way to spend your birthday so far away from home. We love you.

Linda said...

thanks for the pictures of Flat Zack. ryan was telling me about him, but I didn't understand - well, now I do!

Linda