Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I went to the post office the other day to mail my paperwork for my work visa. To my surprise, it cost $25 to mail 25 sheets of paper. I decided I'd better check how much it was going to cost to send a box to myself. Since a suitcase weighs about 50lbs. I decided that would be a good estimate for a box. To my shock (and dismay) a 50 lb box will cost about $450 to mail! So, I have a new packing theory...take nothing! Well, not really nothing, but just the BARE necessities. I figure most things I can purchase once I get there. I have an orientation manual now, so that's very helpful. They said that there aren't many ovens in apartments in Singapore, and it's very expensive to get things to bake, so no more brownies, cookies, and cakes. I guess that will help my diet plan! My house packing is coming along pretty well. I moved my piano, couch, and rocking chair to my parents' over Thanksgiving break. My goal is to sort or pack at least one thing or container each night. My mom took a bunch of stuff to "Tossed and Found" for me today, so I have more room to sort and pack. It's nice having my mom and three of my siblings here. Zach helped me sort through papers and put things in the correct container for me today. Shy came to school with me for the afternoon, and Destiny is content watching movies and playing castles.

No comments: