Monday, December 22, 2008

The Final Night in Lake

Well, I can't believe it's actually here. Tonight is my last night in Lake. I've been so busy the last few weeks, and especially the last couple of days that I haven't had much time to stop and think. I think it will hit me once I'm on my way to my parents' house, once I'm there, or maybe not until I'm on the plane. I had to run to Mitchell after work today, and didn't get back until nearly 7:00. Earlier today I realized that I have done NOTHING to get my classroom ready, so I headed to school and very quickly packed up my desk and bookshelf. I've decided to leave just about everything for Cody, which made less packing for me. After that, I ran the stuff out to Laura's, and had to say my final goodbye to them all. Yikes, I hate saying goodbye. I think I should just stay home sick tomorrow! Anyway, as I sit here and think about all that I'm leaving behind, I'm amazed at how far God has brought me in the last 6.5 years. He's taught me so much about trusting Him, and His perfect plan for my life. It has been such a blessing to be able to serve the children in this community. I'm going to miss them: the hugs and smiling faces. The snotty noses, and bugs. The sweet voices singing "Father, I adore You" and begging to sing it one more time. God is good. I'm excited to see what He has in store for me next, I know that whatever it is, I want to bring Him glory, and live in a way that shows His love each and every day.

No comments: