Friday, August 10, 2012

Reasons I LOVE my job

I've been back in Singapore a little over a week now.  In some ways it seems like I just got here, and in others, like I never left.  I have been working hard in my classroom for the last week and a half, and it's as ready as it's going to get.  We have open house tomorrow to meet the kids and let them look around.  School doesn't actually start until next Tuesday, which is good, because although my CLASSROOM is ready, my LESSONS are not. 

Being back in Singapore, and back at ICS have reminded me how truly blessed I am.  Our school year officially started this past Monday with a week long in service (minus Thursday which was Singapore's National Day).  I had tears in my eyes as our teachers gathered back together after two months apart.  There are many new faces that God has blessed us with, and many "old" faces that have become family over the last 3.5 years.

As our first meeting began we did not look at all of the work that needed done or the changes that needed made, but rather we started by joining our voices in praise to God.  Our staff has grown over the past few years and there are probably around 60 of us, who were worshiping together the great God that we serve.

After a time of worship, John, our interim director, lead us in devotions, stating that his main objective for us this year is to be a school of prayer, a school where God is #1, not just in words, but in deeds as well.  A place where students learn academics (and with excellence) but where the whole child is nurtured and loved. 

There has been a lot of work done this week, but when we focus on the ultimate goal, it is all worth it.  Now I'm super excited to meet my students tomorrow and get this year going. 

No comments: