Monday, February 22, 2010
More Birthday happenings
How many days can one celebrate a birthday? I was greeted this morning with gifts and cards from my students, along with a very unique bouquet of flowers...each child had brought a flower or bouquet, and they were all put together to make one large one. It was a great picture of the diversity of my class, and even included wax flowers, which I was told not to put in the water! My room moms also brought me a cake, and we took a break from our work to play fruit. The kids loved that of course, and one student told me that I had the best birthday party ever! My favorite though were the homemade cards. My favorite card "I hope you had a fabulous day with no drudgery!" (I love it when my kids use what I teach them!) This afternoon we had an assembly. An Australian song writer came and shared some of his songs with the kids. It was great to see their smiling faces as they praised God. I learned a new Australian expression "unreal banana peel" It means something is really cool, and is apparently widely used. After work, wondered around the mall, and managed to come home without spending any money (always a bonus) and then took a 20 lap swim in the pool. It was a beautiful evening to swim in the moonlight (and of course the street lights as well.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment