Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Chinese New Year
This weekend was Chinese New Year, which means we have had a 4 day weekend! Praise God for small blessings! Friday and Saturday I spent the night with some friends, stayed up late, and watched lots of movies! Sunday was church. I wasn't expecting many kids for kids' church with the holiday, but was surprised when 18 showed up! Sunday afternoon I rested, and then had friends over for American pizza subs....with real AMERICAN pepperoni. Yummy! Yesterday I got caught up on some sleep, and then had a reunion dinner with some friends. However, this reunion dinner wasn't nearly as "authentic" as last years. We had lasagna, chicken, vegetables, fruit, and brownies with ice-cream. Not very Chinese, but very yummy! Today I went into work and got caught up on some lesson planning, and even managed to get ahead. (I hope.) All in all, it was a much needed break. I'm actually excited to see my students tomorrow, and looking forward to a short week! (Praise God for more small blessings.) Only a month left until spring break, and then off to China!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mandy - where in China are you going for spring break?
Post a Comment