Wednesday, January 13, 2010
So, the mold clean-up continues.....I e-mailed my roommate, and she decided that she wanted her mattress pad and pillows cleaned, so today after school, I headed to the laundry service. First, I had to pack up the stuff in an IKEA bag and then hauled it down the road, up the stairs, over the bridge, down the stairs and to the laundry service. I got lots of odd looks, I think I am the only ang-mo (white person) that hauls heavy laundry bags to the town center...or at least that's how it appeared. I'm pretty sure we're getting ripped off, but I have never taken things to be laundered, so I don't really know what is appropriate, or if it appropriate to barter or not. So, I ended up paying the lady $70 and have instructions to return next Wed. The worst part is that my roommate is coming home Sunday, so not really sure what she'll do for pillows in the mean time!
I woke up sick this morning, and have gradually been feeling worse all day. I was disappointed because I wanted to go to homegroup tonight, but decided that sleep was a better option.
Other than that, things are going well. My students are getting back into the swing of things, and I'm excited to see where my students are going to go this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are probably getting sick because of the mold!!
Post a Comment