Friday, January 22, 2010

Finally Friday!

Wow! This semester is off to a slow start. It seems like we've been back in school forever, not just 10 school days! After school tonight I went to Chinatown with my friend Kendra for dumplings! They were so yummy! However, we realized shortly after getting in a taxi that Friday night a few weeks before Chinese New Year, may not be the best time to go to Chinatown! It took FOREVER to get there, and the taxi fare ended up being $16 something. Yikes! We took a bus home (well, 3 really). On the way home I made another discovery....there must be something wrong with me! As the bus filled up, every seat was taken, except for the one next to me, not that I'm complaining, but when there are people standing, you start to wonder. A lady finally decided to sit next to me, but as soon as another seat opened up, she moved. Go figure! Oh well, I got to spread out and enjoy my bus rides home. Tomorrow will be a very busy day. Both our boys and girls basketball teams have championship games on the north side of the island. They start at 10, and who knows when they will end! Then, church tomorrow night (I love Saturday church) and a movie after with some friends. Hopefully Sunday will truly be a day of rest!

No comments: