Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Vacation
Last week was a lot of fun, but very busy. Day camp was great! So glad I was able to make it back to South Dakota. It was amazing to see the kids finally starting to get it. The comments of "God is looking out for us," or "God really made a great day for us," did my heart good. It was hard to say goodbye and leave again, but I know that God has special plans for them, as well as for me.
Friday the kids and I loaded up the car and headed to Eastern Iowa for a family reunion. It was a LONG day of driving, and at one point I decided that I needed a break, so I pulled into a rest area and told the kids to stay in the car watching their movies so I could take a short nap. It was a great idea, but it lasted for a total of about 2 minutes. Then they decided that they needed to go to the bathroom. We made a quick trip inside, and then I decided that it would be a great idea to move the nap to under a tree at the rest area. We unloaded our beach towels, found some shade, and settled in for a second try at nap time. This time it lasted a few more moments, but then Destiny decided that I was a human trampoline. After about 40 minutes of trying to sleep, I finally gave up and decided that it wasn't worth the effort. We loaded back in the car and got back on the road. Luckily, even though I didn't sleep, I was able to rest my eyes, and it was a little easier to stay awake for the rest of the trip.
We made it to Newton, and stopped for supper. My parents caught up with us there, and dad took over driving my car so I could rest.
Now we are back home...one week to go until I head back to Singapore with Jess. I'm excited to see Singapore through her eyes, and to get to show her around where I live. Also getting excited about meeting my new students and getting started with another year of school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment