Monday, June 1, 2009

More Blessings

So, today was the last Monday of the year....my last Monday of second grade. It was much better than Friday, which is good! My kids worked hard, and they didn't bicker too much, which was nice. After school, I had a plan to go back to Gretchen's and get my food, stop at the grocery store, and then head home to bake brownies and make fajitas for supper. On my way out, I ran into my friend Tracy, who reminded me that they were coming over to our new place to make sure everything was set. (They were one of the families that helped us moved, and her husband was going to finish hooking up our washing machine.) So, I amended my plans slightly and got busy. I still made it to get my food, went to the grocery store, and even stopped at Subway to get a sandwich for our class picnic tomorrow. Then I hailed a taxi and headed home. When I got here, our living room was filled with people and there was a new dining room table with 4 nice chairs sitting in the dining room. When I asked, I was told that it is "Random dining room table delivery day," and that we were lucky that Sarah was home so we could be the winners. Apparently our friends had noticed that our dining room set (especially the chairs) were not in the best shape and ordered us a new one! I still can't believe their generosity....to top it off, they ordered us supper! We had a great evening of fellowship and fun. (And I did manage to make my brownies.)

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

just finished reading your blog....I hadn't read it when I talked to you this morning...love the new table!