Thursday, June 4, 2009
Summer break is here! I can't believe how fast the school year went. This week God has continued to show me His goodness, and just a little piece of what He has in store. Last night I went to the high school graduation. I have to admit, I didn't have a very good attitude about it at first. I didn't know any of the seniors, and I had other plans before I was informed that it was mandatory. However, I'm really glad that I did. Each of the graduates got a chance to speak, and it was so neat to hear stories of what God has done in their lives through ICS. I also realized again just how hard it must be to be a kid living in a foreign country. During the ceremony they acknowledged the parents and grandparents, and out of 20 graduates, there were 2 grandparents there. These kids leave everyone and everything that is important to them to follow their parents to unknown places. Many of these students have lived all over the world, moving every couple of years, not only to a new town, but often to a new country and culture. Having a caring school community where they are welcomed and loved is such a huge blessing! It gives me a new appreciation for the challenges that my students face, and the love they need each and every day.
With school officially over, I had time today to work on my curriculum for next year. I'm very excited, and feel like God is giving me a little bit of creativity and clarity, in an otherwise overwhelmed mind! I'm definitely looking forward to moving with my kids, and getting the opportunity to continue to watch them grow in their love for God.
I'm afraid the last few days in Singapore are going to go by quickly, and although I'm excited to come home and see friends and family, I'm also having to say goodbye to some great friends here who will not be returning. Thankfully I know that I will see them again someday, if not in this world, in heaven.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
See you SOON!!
Linda
Post a Comment