Saturday, June 6, 2009

Less than 3 Days and Counting

Wow! I really only have 2 days left in Singapore! I can't believe how fast time has gone. Today I went to school and finished mapping out my curriculum for next year. I'm really excited to have that done, and to have a time line of what I'm teaching. It will make the summer more enjoyable. Tomorrow is my last church service here for a couple of months, and then after church some friends might be coming over to see my new place and hang out. (Not sure on the details yet.) Monday we've decided to have a non-slumbering slumber party. Two of my friends leave Tuesday morning also, and we'll have to get in a taxi by like 3:30 am, so we've decided just to make it an all nighter. They are going to stay at my place, and a couple other friends are coming over to go swimming and play games. Then at 3:30 we'll call a cab and head to the airport. They leave an hour before me, so I'll have a LONG wait before my plane leaves at 7, but oh well. I'm afraid if I don't leave with them I'll fall asleep and miss my flight. Besides, this way maybe we can share two taxis between the three of us, which will make it much cheaper. Each taxi will cost about $40. Yikes! Sometimes I hate not having a car. My roommate left today, so I have the place to myself until Tuesday morning. It just hit me that this is my flat....I'm not just visiting, I live here. Strange feeling!

3 comments:

Connie said...

Strange, but "neat" right? I'm so glad you got all your schoolwork finished before you leave. That's a "settled" feeling, I'm sure. I'll be praying for a smooth trip.

Nita said...

71 hours from right now I should be watching you touch down at Des Moines International. I can't wait. We are all so excited to have you home! Have a safe trip. We love you.

I still need flight numbers & times. You only gave me the last flight from Chicago to here.

Nita said...

Hi mandy this is Tasha I am sorry that I will not be there when you get home I will be at camp!!! I will be home by Sat. You can come and visit!!!