I'm having a hard time believing that it is already the middle of July. This summer if flying by! I came back to the States on June 4 and haven't really stopped since.
We went on family vacation to DC. It was great to see lots of sights and spend time with my family. We ended up missing our flight home, which was a blessing in disguise. The airline put us up in a hotel for the extra night, and we spent the next day at the Air and Space Museum. The next day they had overbooked our flight, and Zach and I stayed again, and got $1000 travel vouchers for our trouble. And of course, another free nights stay at another hotel.
After DC I got to spend a week at Jr. Camp sharing God's word with a great group of kids. The day after camp I headed to Canada to spent time with a couple of friends. I celebrated Canada Day in Toronto by taking in a Blue Jays game. Also got to see Niagara Falls before heading home.
Two days after returning from Canada I headed to South Dakota for SERVE. I got to go to Praise and Worship with some of my former students and hang out at the gym afterwards. While I was there, I decided to sell my car, which just happened to give me enough money to bring one of my favorite people (Steven) back to Iowa and send him to Tri-State youth camp.
Two more weeks at home and then heading back to Singapore for another great year. Hoping this week gives me a little time for some rest and relaxation before the next year begins.
No comments:
Post a Comment