Wednesday, September 22, 2010

God's Grace

I'm not sure why this year is starting out so tiring....I have great students (although they have a LOT of energy) and have less planning to do than last year because I sort of know what I'm doing. :) Nonetheless, I cannot seem to get out of bed in the mornings or make my brain focus on much of anything before or after school. By God's grace, He enables my brain to work from the hours of 8-3. Today started off as "one of those days." I really don't like my schedule on Wednesday, plus, today was my day to teach chapel, and even though I was ready, I didn't feel prepared. I got to school with a bad attitude, really felt like my brain was full of cotton instead of whatever is supposed to be up there! We were supposed to meet our students early today for see you at the pole, so I headed downstairs at 7:30. I couldn't even call my students by the right name! One little girl looked at me kinda confused and said "Um, that's not my name." I apologized and told her (truthfully I might add) that it wasn't 8:00 yet, my brain wasn't working. After we prayed I did some last minute prep, and came to get my kids at 8:10. By that time, by God's grace, my brain had at least kicked in, and I put a smile on my face. I walked over to pick up my kids, and they said to me "Miss Chaplin, you look really happy today!" I was shocked, and asked why. She replied "Because today is a day that God made special for us!" What a great reminder. And as always, God's grace was enough. I made it through the day, and probably had the best Wednesday so far this year!

No comments: