Tuesday, April 13, 2010
The Things Kids Say
This week we studying Extreme Faith. Here is an exert from a conversation we had after reading Hebrews 11.
Student: Miss Chaplin, what's a prostitute?
Me: Um, a woman who sells her body to men?
S: Yuck! You mean, she like cuts off her body parts and sells them?
M: No, that's not what I meant at all.
S: Then what do you mean?
M: Hum, a prostitute is a woman who has men pay her to sleep with her.
S2: Miss Chaplin, you mean, they sleep TOGETHER?
The next day the students had to give reports on one of the people from Hebrews 11. One group was assigned Rahab. On the way to the front of the room I overhead another student make this comment.
"I have to say the disgusting part, or my partner is going to make me pay him $5."
There report started like this:
"Rahab was a prostitute. That means she sells her body to men. That means she lets them pay to sleep with her. (audible sigh)"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment